winch comparison

worth noting, at 70% load the superwinch pulled 18 feet before stalling. the ramsey pulled 21 feet before stalling. the warn pulled 9 feet before stalling. also worth noting are the cable strengths. i thought all 5/16" cable was basically the same.

Nathan W. Collier

wow.....you just made it a lot more complicated than i ever thought it was! :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hmm was it MileMarker doing those test...? If that's the case take their results with a real grain of salt ...

We might as well start letting Ford and GM give us independant test results on Jeep's.. Any guess what those tests would say compared to "their" vehicles?

The so called "independent" tests they've used in the past have been shown to have been financed directly by MileMarker that's not independet at all.. After all did anyone belive either side in the cola-war taste tests? Don't two out of three dentists recommend it? Or four out of five doctors? Company fincanced independent tests are bogus -- they only release tests to back up the evidence or tell the side of the story they wish to portray -- they never release results unfavorable to them or their claims.

Speaking of Milemarker, what was response to some negative truly independant tests in the past? Gee what were those lawsuits about again? Hmmm...

I dunno to me it looks like MileMarker again trying to take direct shots at Warn Industries again..

Seems like pretty bad buisness practice to me.. If you have a good product, then show me what it can do, offer kick-ass after-sale support, and leave it at that -- if I want a comparison of products I want true independant tests -- tests that are financed by a company directly involved in the product are outright BS.

Reply to
Tim

agreed. i figured everyone could draw their own conclusions.

i dunno. i think if it were direct lies they would subject themselves to a world of hurt. who knows....

i had a warn 8000 on the front of my '86 4 runner and i never had any problems with it. i have a warn 2000 on the front of my atv though that i dont trust any farther than i can throw it. every now and then it free spools when i let off the button. normally this isnt an issue but when it does it when im winching up something to steep to ride a 4x4 atv up it will make the hair on your neck stand up.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hmm odd..

..Chris.. or you can call me Tim if you wish. *cough*

Reply to
Chris