winter,,brrr cold,,

luckily im here in the pacific norwest, but thnkin of a trip to maine,,back home for me,

ive got 90yj with a soft-top, how the ell do i stay warm? it gets cold over there, any ideas? other than drivin somtin else,,grin,,

johnp

Reply to
somebody

It is cold over here.. we use the controls on the dash that allow for warm/hot air to flow into the cabin..

Reply to
Mike Hall

I upgraded my heater blower motor to a big GM unit and have 'lots' of heat now. It will even defrost all the windows.

Here is a link on the conversion:

Just 'don't' buy the 'premium' version of the motor, buy the cheap one. The expensive one has too long a fan shaft.

Mike

somebody wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Jeepster

Being from Vermont originally (and living there for 30 years), I can attest to the cold.... I highly recommend copious amounts of Rumple Minze to ward off the cold!! 8^) No driving afterward, though. That stuff'll put you on yer can- quick!

Reply to
John R

Disconnect the two hoses running to your heater core and hook your hose to one end at a time and flush out your core. You'll be amazed at what it pukes out. Afterwords you'll have some damn fine heat. Nick

Reply to
Nick

somebody proclaimed:

o Padded soft top?

o Optional turbo heater?

o Nice soft blonde?

o Start eating now, pizzas 4 times a day.

Reply to
Lon

Go get a really crazy BTU auxillary heater. I had one in my '88 YJ and it was unreal. 10 minutes of warming up and it was toasty oats time. Next year I'm putting one in my CJ so I can winter drive it. And yea ...do the blower motor upgrade too. And ya, make sure you buy the "low-end" motor and not the premium one. I made the mistake of putting the premium one in and it took quite a few "modifications" to make it fit ;p

Reply to
griffin

ha,,good one,,,lmao,,,

Reply to
somebody

Hey Mike, I also did the upgrade, lots of heat now too, as for defrosting windows, my front window center section take forever to defrost, it's the area approx. from wiper mount to wiper mount. Looking at the defrost vents on top of dash, they both angle away from center, could you have a look at your's and see which way the little louver like things point. Greg

Reply to
Greg

That is a strange spot isn't it. I was in a major snowstorm and that spot kept packing up on me. This was only with the soft top and doors on though to the heat level wasn't way up there, just comfortable.

The vents on mine have the long space at the outside with the smaller slots to the center. I tried it the other way when I first was installing it just to see and it didn't work at all.

I will see this winter. If I get a pack up on a long trip I might be tempted to try a diverter on the two inside slots to aim them down or even just drill a couple holes in the center of the frame to let air straight up.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain