Wrangler Steering

I have a 95 YJ with a 2" suspension lift and 31" tires. The tires do not rub. I have not made any modifications in over a year. Recently, I'm hearing a rubbing sound inside the steering colomn while turning. It doesn't seem to happen during normal driving at spped, but I hear during braking and making turns. (e.g turning into a side street). Any thoughts what the problem might be? Otherwise it seems to drive just fine.

Reply to
The Janiks

I had the same problem on my 95 YJ. Use a puller and take the steering wheel off. Behind the horn mechanism is a plastic "cover" that goes around the shaft. This part does not move and is rubbing.

Daren

Reply to
Daren McMorris