Wrangler still shuts Down?

I would like to thank DougW for all his help. The Camshaft sensor change went well, the wrangler started right up. Took it around the block it coughed and stuttered then shut down. This time it did start right back up though. I have no idea what could be the problem now. I don't think its fuel related or the plugs, plug wires,cap, or rotor. What am I forgetting? thanks Dean.

Reply to
Dean

Dean did pass the time by typing:

np.. I hoped that was the cause but guess not.

Have you checked the battery cables or jiggled them with the engine running?

Any codes stored in the computer?

I'm running out of ideas without actually seeing it first hand. The last resort is to have Jeep put it on the scanner and do a diagnositcs. It's not cheap but they take the price off any repair work they do.. yea, like that's a bargain. :/

Reply to
DougW

What about the real CPS that causes 99% of shutdowns because it's plug sits on the exhaust manifold and gets corroded or a dead wire mesh ground from the engine head to the firewall?

Mike

Dean wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

by majority it is the crank sensor on the bell housing.

Reply to
extremetj

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Dean

Reply to
Dean

So that means only one half of the plug and socket got cleaned by the new plug being there. The other half just hung on this long and now has crapped out likely.

Normally the failure is corrosion, changing it will get as mentioned one half clean so it works for a bit. I sure would unplug it and plug it back to try again.

Mike

Dean wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Dean

Dean did pass the time by typing:

Hmm. 33 = AC clutch relay open or shorted. The other two are ones you always see.

Pull the AC relay from the relay center and see what that does. When the wranger shuts down is the AC on or off?

I've never ran across 33 except on older jeeps that didn't have AC. On those it's always there.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Dean