YJ 88 - starting problem - will start when I rekease the key

Hi all, me again,

I am trying to solve the following problem.

Occasionally, when starting the Jeep, it cranks for a while, and as I am giving up to give a break, and releases the ignition switch, it starts. Go figure.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found the solution?

thanks a lot for your precious help.

Marc

Reply to
M. Paradis

M. Paradis did pass the time by typing:

Check the ground between the engine block and frame/firewall. Run a jumper between battery negative and the engine block and see if that helps.

Reply to
DougW

That is usually a dirty connection on one of the small connections on the starter relay on the firewall at the end of the small red wire off the battery.

Mike

"M. Paradis" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
johnny

On a YJ, that is the relay on the firewall just below the battery. One of the wires has a dirty connection.

Mike

johnny wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain