YJ parking brake safety recall 1990-1995

I just got this recall in the mail. It's probably an old safety recall but I was wondering if anyone could give me any details.

Problem:

The park brake assembly ma self-release without warning, allowing unintended vehicle movement.

I usually keep it in 1st gear when in park too.

Does anyone know the itemized parts that will be replaced so I know what will change on this recall?

Thanks...

Reply to
Peter Parker

gemmilljim

Yup, they are going to replace the bracket and ratchet.

Just make sure they hook the little wire on one of the bolts back on clean and tight, it is the fuel pump ground....

Mike

Peter Parker wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

This is exactly what I want to hear. Thanks

Reply to
Peter Parker

Will do. Thanks.

Reply to
Peter Parker

The deed is done. A new park brake boot to boot! :) I guess it's all one unit plus the release handle too..

I wonder if there are any other safety recalls since the first owner didn't seem to have brought it in for the park brake rachet one?

Reply to
Peter Parker

Try here

Brian Harding

Thanks. I got to here:

Interesting enough. The park brake assembly safety recall doesn't seem to be listed. This is the one that I just got done.

BTW, on my bill it mentions they replaced the front, left and right park brake cable. .3, .5 and .5 hours respectively. Not True!!! My old cable are still on the vehicle. What gives? Recall fraud abuse?

Does anyone know why they would mention this work when it really wasn't done. I would have been there another hour if they did do it.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Or don't. I took those AllData reports in to my Chrysler dealer to see about the whole YJ fuel pump/sender issue and they laughed in my face. They don't reflect "Official" DC recalls. They generalize over various years and/or models, while DC scoffs and insists certain recalls apply only to certain VINs.

Reply to
Cal Wheeler