97 Escort: Parking brake light comes on while accelerating

I've noticed that when I'm driving my 1997 Ford Escort, the emergency/parking brake dashboard light will come on when I accelerate (relatively quickly) from a stop. Naturally, the brake isn't actually on. The light will come on for a few seconds, then flicker out, usually when my acceleration slows. Is this a fluids issue? I just don't really know where to begin looking.

Thanks in advance.

- Joel

Reply to
Joel Konkle-Parker