ZJ Starter

Does anybody know of a decent starter for the '97 5.2 ZJ? I seem to be getting about 2 years out of the ones from the auto parts stores and
it's a pain in the butt.
J. Clarke wrote:

I'm still on my original 1993 I6 starter (plus a new solinioid and bushing). Rebuilds depend on the quality of parts and the older the part the more times it's been through a rebuild. Sometimes it's best to find a local shop to rebuild the starter or glom one from a junker with lower miles.
If I have to get aftermarket I go with ones that have a lifetime waranty or the highest quality from Napa. If all else fails I lube my ass up and go to the dealership. :/
On 8/29/2015 6:05 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

A tip for you when you do find a starter:
Make sure the snout bearing has lube on it.
Many rebuilt units I've bought over the years weren't lubed properly and the snout bearing is the easiest one to check and the one most often skipped.
Budd