2003 Sorrento Air Conditioner

I have a Sorrento EX (2003). Air blows cold for first half hour to 45 minutes. Then, air begins to blow warmer and eventually no cool air at all. If I shut off A/C for 15 - 20 minutes and then turn back on, it begins to blow cold air again.

Does anyone have a similar problem or suggestions? My guess is it may be low on refrigerant or possibly a bad low-pressure sensing switch.

Thanks.

Reply to
rm1les

Sounds to me like the temp switch is cycling the unit off due to ice forming on the coils. Check the water drain line for an obstruction.

Also, if you see a decrease in air flow at the same time the unit stops delivering cold air then you should assume the coils are icing up.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Chris,

This is exactly what is happening... the fan does not blow as hard after a while. I'll check for the blockage. I assume since it does blow cold initially that the level of refrigerant is okay.

Thanks aga> rm1les wrote:

Reply to
rm1les

Get it recharged sounds like your low on FREON or you can get a KIT but get one with the gage on it and do it yourself.

Reply to
Tom