2006 Kia Sedona-Update

I'm surprised too. Krusty you could have done a bit better backing up RB.

Everything I post is backed up in print. You can not refute a thing.

If you have a problem with Garmin speed limiting their non aviation units, go talk to them.

The KIA Sedona can't go 130 mph. Do you know why?

Reply to
Todd Nozzle

And your point is?

That you can't refute my well documented facts?

Todd Nozzle

Reply to
Todd Nozzle

It's already been completely refuted, dopey.

You are the only one having a problem.

I would never attempt to go that fast in a van, so I really don't care.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

I don't need to. You've done a swell job of it without any help.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Where? By who?

What then is the solution?

Even if it was the safest van available?

Reply to
Todd Nozzle

In other words you can't. The terminal velocity of a KIA Sedona is well below 117 mph, so pushing it off of a cliff wouldn't help either.

Reply to
Todd Nozzle

Poor, impotent, baby!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

In other words you can't. The terminal velocity of a KIA Sedona is well

below 117 mph, so pushing it off of a cliff wouldn't help either. >>>

Seriously, Gilly. You really messed this one up. Forget it.

Robert B Kia Sedona EX

Reply to
Bobsprit

In other words you can't. The terminal velocity of a KIA Sedona is well

below 117 mph, so pushing it off of a cliff wouldn't help either. >>>

Seriously, Gilly. You really messed this one up. Forget it.

Robert B Kia Sedona EX

Reply to
Bobsprit

I think he accomplished exactly what he set out to do.

Reply to
John Phlegm

I think he accomplished exactly what he set out to do.>>>

I agree 100%. And it was nice to learn that even Edmunds rated the new Sedona above the Sienna.

Robert B

2006 Sedona EX
Reply to
Bobsprit

?makeid=47&year=2007&acode=&modelid=436&section=summary&mode=&aff=national

2007 Sienna is now much, much faster than the Sedona!

Sedona = also ran, last year's news!

The Fat Man

Reply to
Sidney Greenstreet

?makeid=47&year=2007&acode=&modelid=436&section=summary&mode=&aff=national>

It only has 4 lbs more torque than the more efficient Kia powerplant. New Sienna will be out in 2008 and that's the car to wait for. I doubt that the Sienna will beat the 0-60 times of the Sedona, which is 8.2 (MotorTrend), 8.0 (Yahoo) and 7.3 seconds (Automotive). And a new engine doesn't help the Sienna's crash ratings which also trail the Sedona....the safest mini-van ever tested. Maybe in 2008-2009 Toyota will catch up, but then Subaru is planning a serious AWD minivan that is expected to enter the market in the low 30K range. We'll probably trade for that.

Robert B

2006 Sedona EX
Reply to
Bobsprit

I also think the Sienna will be back on family lists when it doesn't come in 4th place in crash tests. Kia Sedona is #1, followed by Honda, Chrysler and Nissan. The sad part is that the lower rating for the Sienna was for the driver. The Sienna also scored worse in rollover. See automotive.com for test results, though the Sedona's win was in mainstream press.

Robert B Sedona EX

Reply to
Bobsprit

When the Sienna was introduced, it was by far the safest minivan ever made. Everybody else had to scramble to catch up or surpass that standard. I'm pretty confident that the next iteration of the Sienna will once again send everyone else scrambling. Toyota has much bigger resources to develop breaktroughs, rather than copycats.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

When the Sienna was introduced, it was by far the safest minivan ever made. Everybody else had to scramble to catch up or surpass that standard. I'm pretty confident that the next iteration of the Sienna will once again send everyone else scrambling. Toyota has much bigger resources to develop breaktroughs, rather than copycats. >>>

The Kia, Honda and Toyota are all so good, it's hard to imagine any sweeping improvements. And Honda was always within step with Toyota. But Toyota bought a stake in Subaru for a reason....access to the drive system and Subaru wants a few of those Toyota engines for their heavy Tribeca and van in the works. I expect Subaru's entry to be worth a look for the symetrical AWD and typically off-beat design approaches. And if any mini-van will handle better than others, expect it to come from Subaru. Kia/Hyundai is powerful enough to design what they want. They're planning to target some of the Mercedes market in 3 years as well. As for the kia, they just gave a loaded Sedona EX to Motortrend for their long term test.

Robert B

2006 Sedona EX
Reply to
Bobsprit

As a dealership service manager, I can say the warranty is valid and fully intact...

Gilligan wrote:

Reply to
steve

I don't know how things in the US work for sure, but as a fairly knowledgeable person when it comes to Kia's I feel obligated to correct the following errors posted about the Sedona in this thread.

  1. The 2006 Sedona models CAN reach 117mph. I have personally travelled 220km/h in a 2006 Sedona LX. (136 mph)

  1. The OBD II standard does NOT record vehicle information indefinitly, the recording starts at the moment a trouble code is set or in combination with the impact sensors.

  2. The 2006 Sedona has received the designation as the safest minivan on the market. Why wait till 2008 to be safe.

  1. Kia dealers are free to satisfy their customers any way they see fit, if giving a new client a replacement vehicle to correct 2 problems is their way of kepping this customer happy, then good for them, that is going the extra mile.

  2. The Garm> As a dealership service manager, I can say the warranty is valid and > fully intact...
Reply to
steve
  1. The 2006 Sedona models CAN reach 117mph. I have personally travelled 220km/h in a 2006 Sedona LX. (136 mph) >>>

The troll had posted MPH data from the Diesel version of the van.

  1. The OBD II standard does NOT record vehicle information indefinitly,

the recording starts at the moment a trouble code is set or in combination with the impact sensors.

The troll had no idea at all.

  1. The 2006 Sedona has received the designation as the safest minivan on the market. Why wait till 2008 to be safe.

Yes, due to the frame. The Sienna trails in safety, including rollover rating. Until they match Kia, the Sienna is #3.

  1. Kia dealers are free to satisfy their customers any way they see fit, if giving a new client a replacement vehicle to correct 2 problems

is their way of kepping this customer happy, then good for them, that is going the extra mile.

Major Kia in NY and they took great care of us. They also put in the remote start for free along with an upgraded alarm when all was said and done. Great dealer experience, though they are a bit slow with our free oil changes.

  1. The Garmin GPS in the van I drove stopped at 200 km/h. . Yep, and the C340 goes to at least 130 since my friend put one on his motorcycle.

Thanks for the info!

Robert B

2006 Kia Sedona EX NY
Reply to
Bobsprit

Smackdown! You sure showed that idiot a thing or two!

Reply to
KIAMAN