A repair on my KIA?!

As wife's '02 Optima has been the most cost effective car we've ever owned, it came as a surprise I had to "invest" some money in it yesterday. The windshield wiper motor went wonky, so replacement it was. I say surprise a bit tongue in check. The car now has 137,000 on it, so "stuff" will happen a bit more frequently. Still, the car is fantastic.

Rich

Reply to
<z

Did you replace it yourself? How much did the motor cost? I have a 06 Spectra. So far no repairs!

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Had a trusted independent repair shop do the work. Aftermarket wiper motor was $143 with $63 labor. That, plus both transmission sensors (in/output) replaced at 102,000 & an alternator at 130,000 are the only non-preventative maintenance items I've had to spend out of my own pocket. No other car I have ever owned in 5½ decades has come anywhere close to that.

Reply to
<z