adding aftermarket cd player to 2002 Sedona

I just bought a 2002 Sedona EX. It has a CD/tape player, but I want to put in my DIN Sony CD/MP3 player instead (model CDX-MP30). I bought an installation kit from Best Buy, but the stereo ended up sticking out 1/4 inch too far, I couldn't get the fascia to fit back over it. The fit and finish were not that good either, there were gaps around the the stereo and at the bottom of the adapter. The installation kit was made by American International. I checked with Crutchfield, they sell the same model. I've installed several car stereos in the past without trouble, I don't want to start paying for it now. Can anyone recommend another brand of adapter that fits like it should? I've seen another brand called Metra sold on-line at several stores, has anyone used this?

Thanks

Reply to
Phuc Tup