Code Reader for Kia Sportage?

Does anyone know or have experience with a good code reader that will work on Kia Sportage vehicles?

My sportage just developed a severe hesitation issue and it is out of warranty. I would like to have a look at the codes myself and possibly purchase the replacement parts. I don't trust the Tampa dealer on Dale Mabry Highway anymore.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Saxton

I don't know about your area, but Autozone will read the codes for free around here. If there isn't one around, check other auto part stores, they may do it. Good luck.

Reply to
LandB

Most of the "chain" auto parts places will do this for free, I've found, and a few of my localy owned places as well. I guess they figure that they will get to sell you the parts to fix it. It works, because every time one of them read a code for me, I DID buy the parts from them!

-AL

Reply to
Al A.

My mechanic uses a SNAP-ON unit. most garages have that one. Also J.C Whitney sells one for around $150, but I think if you got to one of the parts places, like Pep Boys, or Autozone, they will read it for free. More then likely you have a sensor reading wrong. I found that the wire that went to the oxygen sensor (and there are 2 in a Sportage) had melted to the manifold and grounded when a retaining clip came loose. fairly simple fix.

Reply to
helix