Air Bags

How many air bags are in (most) new Hyundais? Four. Two in front, two on side

How many air bags are in (most) new Kias?

I have been reading some of your Kia postings. Some of you have had trouble with 'em, and others haven't. I currently have a Hyundai Sonata, and have previously owned two Hyundai Excels (1988, 1991). I also currently have a '98 Daewoo Nubira, but that's another (bankruptcy) story you don't wanna hear. Routine service on Hyundais is seemingly relatively expensive; though we like the car. I am considering purchasing a new Rio, and am wondering if it has side air bags (?). The fantastic baiting ads they run in the newspaper says "dual," which sounds like two (not four) of course. The Hyundai Accent apparently does have side air bags. The Hyundai Elantra (with 4 air bags apparently standard) is imho the best quality new car for the money available. I predict the Hyundai company will IMPROVE the Kia, though it will take approx a half decade or so (as it did for the Hyundais). Korean cars are now a very competitive factor in the marketplace, and Hyundai is building a factory near Montgomery, Alabama. I don't know if CONSUMER REPORTS still ignores 'em.

Reply to
Robert Cohen

Mu 2001 Rio has two; both, obviously, in front. The air bag warning light came on at around 580 miles on mine; dealer promptly fixed it no charge . . .

MF , St Louis

Reply to
Mike Frandson