Batt Problem

From: "Barebones" Subject: Battery problem Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:30 PM

From: "ivan4741" To: "Ludmillia The Great" Subject: Re: Help! It's the old battery vs alternator question again. Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:19 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ludmillia The Great" Newsgroups: alt.autos.kia Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:57 AM Subject: Help! It's the old battery vs alternator question again.

My 2001 Kia Sephia suddenly went dead a couple of years ago. Got a new > battery. Car ran fine. On Friday, suddenly my battery was dead, as > expected. They don't last forever. I should have noticed as it was > getting harder to start the car the first time every day. > > I got a new battery on Friday and drove to several places. I drove the > car on Saturday, it was fine. I didn't drive the car on Sunday. On > Monday the new battery was dead. > > I'll take the car and battery back today, to make sure that Les Schwab > didn't give me a bum battery, or that they made the proper connections. > > My first question: don't they check to make sure the alternator is not > the problem when you buy a new battery? The symptoms were the same as > the last time my battery went dead, but I thought they would have > checked. > > My second question: I'm unfamiliar with car repair places in > Sacramento, what to look for and what is a reasonable price if it is > the alternator. With part and labor, what's the reasonable cost? > > I'd appreciate your reply.

=== === Sears does a alternator check if they install the battery I stick with the Sears die hards have used them for years and just bought one for my 03 Sorento. If you buy a real Kia OEM alt. your looking at about $250 and after market one will be around $175. A lot depends where you live. I am sure Sears would help you in checking the Alt. before selling you the battery. Let me know if I was even close and how it turns out. Good Luck.

Reply to
shines

From: "shines" Subject: Batt Problem Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:18 PM

From: "Barebones" Subject: Battery problem Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:30 PM

From: "ivan4741" To: "Ludmillia The Great" Subject: Re: Help! It's the old battery vs alternator question again. Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:19 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ludmillia The Great" Newsgroups: alt.autos.kia Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:57 AM Subject: Help! It's the old battery vs alternator question again.

=== === Sears does a alternator check if they install the battery I stick with the Sears die hards have used them for years and just bought one for my 03 Sorento. If you buy a real Kia OEM alt. your looking at about $250 and after market one will be around $175. A lot depends where you live. I am sure Sears would help you in checking the Alt. before selling you the battery. Let me know if I was even close and how it turns out. Good Luck.

Reply to
shines

seem that kias with more then 75,000 miles have a alternator problem. Me thinks that kia as this in mind.if you can get it fixed for under 200 go for it if not its worth a try to fix it yourself.Its not that hard is a Bitch but in the long run it beats paying 450 to 500 for the repair.Auto zone seem to carry 101 amp alt for the sedonas so start their

Reply to
Tom