Fuel filter?

From: "ivan4741" To: "PickleJuice" Subject: Re: Lack of fuel... Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 3:46 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "PickleJuice" Newsgroups: alt.autos.nissan.maxima Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:05 PM Subject: Lack of fuel...

Could a problem arise out of always having a low amount of fuel in the > tank? I hardly ever have more than 1/2 a tank of fuel at one time and > I usually add fuel when the guage falls between empty and 1/4 of a > tank. I have 91,000 miles on my '00 Max SE (had it since the 55,000 > mile mark). P0138 code pulled a month or so ago and repaired. Now, > it's sputtering at times upon start with rough idle in drive until I > accelerate somewhat. This morning was fine...fine cold start, no > sputtering/hesitation whatsoever, etc. Just trying to figure out what > the problem could be. Any tests I can run myself? The car hasn't had > a tune-up since I've had it (not good I bet). Should I just wait until > I get the code pulled first? > > Thanks in advance... > PJ

==== You could need a fuel filter they do clog up bad thing it's in the fuel tank part of fuel pump unit I think. Also a good injector cleaner works wonders.

shines