BRAND NEW KIA FORUM

sorry for the caps, but a great new kia/hyundai forum is up and running. Please join, you can find me there if you need anything answered.

djtorello

Sal:

No offense, but...

  1. Invision Power Board (your forum software) is hideosly expensive and not very reliable. You should try instead PHPbb

The pricing for PHPbb is - and always will be - free.

  1. Since you paid some freaky amount to IPB for their lame software, the least you could do is use your own logo and not thiers.

  1. Do you have a focus for the forum? Is it show off? Tech help? Chat? Timeslips? Check out
    for a very successful forum.

Reply to
419-Buster

Thanks, Torello.. :)

I figured I'd come here and look at what was going on in the newsgroup underground - and this thread caught my eye..

Now to reply to your message. Invision Board is hideously expensive? I paid nothing for it - and it's very reliable.. You're right - I do need to get a logo going besides that Invision Board image.. I could easily have gone with phpBB - but I don't like it. I've run phpBB before and it's lacking in Admin features. Maybe the new version will be better. Invision Board is a closer competitor to vBulletin - which is actually my favorite. IB has a new version coming out and I'm really liking what I see.

The forum is for all the above. Everything you mentioned is going to be discussed at hyundaikiaforums.com. I've been running message boards since the mid 80s on a Commodore 64. I've got a handle on it. :)

Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano

You need to add a section for the Ford branded Kias as well. Something like "Ford Festiva/Asprire"

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander