CD stuck in the CD Player

I have a CD that is inside the CD player of my factory CD player. Originally the CD player recognized the CD in the drive and a light came on, yet pushing the eject or the button to switch to CD did nothing. Nor does the CD player allow me to switch to the MP3 jack. Now, the light no longer comes on and I still can not get the CD out of the drive. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
John H. Guillory

I once had a CD stuck in an Explorer cd player. Here is how I got it out:

Take a wire hanger and undo it until it is out straight. You may want to cut it off to make it shorter. With pliers, needle-nose work best, bend one end of the hanger into a small hook. Insert the hanger into the cd drive. When you get in far enough to be near the center of the CD, rotate the hanger until the hook catches the hole in the middle of the CD. Then just pull it out.

I don't know if it will work for you, but it got the CD out of my Explorer.

Reply to
quisling