In dash CD player problem - 2000 GLX

Hi

I installed the indash CD player in 2000 when I bought my Jetta GLX. When inserting a CD the CD indicator light/LED indicating the indash unit lights up but then it will switch back to the six cd changer LED. No sound is heard from the speakers. The changer works fine. The CD's will eject correctly when the button is pushed.

Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated. If it can't be fixed any ideas on who can fix or how much vw chargers would also help.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin Hirsch

By the sounds of things you may have installed a non-vw unit or one that is faulty. All the VW ones I installed were plug and play.

Reply to
Woodchuck

The player was installed in 2000 and worked fine up to now. I guess that didn't come across in my original post.

Reply to
Martin Hirsch