KIA service

It's terrible! I'm in the US with the long warranty. Lots of things go wrong. Door locks, catalytic converter, etc. They're covered under the warranty but it takes at least a day to get them fixed... more often than not, a day and a half.

Bud

Reply to
BudE

Yeah, and the American build cars are 100% ok.....

I drive for almost 5 years a KIA, and it never let me down.... so whats youre point?

Kees

Reply to
[Q4O]Gizmo

Reply to
BudE

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:00:52 +0000, BudE took a five minute break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and write:

(top posting corrected)

So get another dealer. Remember, the dealerships are individually owned. No matter what make of car, some dealers are fantastic and others are crap.

Reply to
PerfectReign

"" wrote: > It's terrible! I'm in the US with the long warranty. Lots of > things go > wrong. Door locks, catalytic converter, etc. They're covered > under the > warranty but it takes at least a day to get them fixed... more > often than > not, a day and a half. > > Bud

Apparently many of you haven?t had experiences with other brands including Toyota, Honda and Nissan along with GM, Ford and Chrysler. Coming from a background with Nissan Corp, I can assure you no one company is perfect although some do better than others. I rank my own Kia dealership a 5-stars for quality of staff and technical expertise. Fortunately since 2002 I have had no problems with my Optima and continue to enjoy it as one of the best cars I have ever owned.

A good dealership is critical to customer satisfaction more than some corporate involvement. It is the dealer that a customer sees regularly. Do complain to Kia corporate about your bad experiences as well as here on the forum. At the same time be fair with judging all Kias or dealers as bad when that isn?t the case at all.

Reply to
Reckerfox

I have a 2003 Sedona that has worked flawlessly UNTIL I took it in for their

30,000 mile service which included replacing all the fluids and spark plugs plus tire rotation. 5 days later my battery goes dead and here my alternator no longer works! Coincidence or did the idiots screw something up. This is why I hate to take a car to a dealership.

Tom

Reply to
tjnamtiw

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:17:12 -0400, "tjnamtiw" spewed forth the following information:

I have an 02 sportage. I took it in for the 90K mile service and it developed an oil leak shortly thereafter. I took it to Jiffy Lube for a regular oil change. They said the drain plug was stripped when I brought it in, and they were unable to find a fitting plug. They tightened it as best they could and I took it to the dealer. The dealer charged me almost 400.00 for parts and labor to change out the oil pan, though it was fine before I brought it in. That's the long story made short anyway. It was the dealer in Tampa, FL on Dale Mabry Highway. I will never purchase another Kia or take it to them for service. They are inept there in my opinion. It took 2 days to replace, BTW, because they didn't have parts in stock, though it's a huge dealership... go figure... Dave

Reply to
Dave Saxton

I found my input speed sensor retaining clip for the electrical harness busted and basically just pushed onto the sensor. The ONLY people that would have touched that thing was the dealer. I got the broken clip as an extra for paying stupid dealer-prescribed labor on something that I've later replaced in 20 minutes. Can't go back there again unfortunately.

Reply to
Schweet

Again this is the reason I have never allowed anyone to change my oil and filter since the wife asked me to let a Nissan dealer do the job back in 90. Up to that time I always did it myself at home. Well after they over filled and I had old oil dripping on my drive from a none clean up by this worthless dealer I again started doing the job myself. Been doing it on my 82 Bronco 98 Maxima and 03 Kia Sorento. I try real hard to stay away from any dealers service Dept. All you really needed was a oversized self tapping drain plug (around $2) that you could have bought at at any auto supply store like PepBoys or AutoZone. They are very common as many dealers and quicklubs employ really stupid people to do the oil changing and many oil pans get their plugs stripped.

Reply to
WindingRoad

you mean you don't tighten oil plugs with an impact wrench??

;-)

Reply to
nothermark

Reply to
ryansmailaz

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:08:42 +0000, nothermark took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

I miss my '98 GXE...

Well, goooollly! Da manager told me to hand titen it wit da rench. Dats as far as da rench would titen.

56K Miles on my '02 and no problems. Can't wait for 128K miles.
Reply to
PerfectReign