How many?

I understand manual transmission Sorentos are kind of rare,Ive got a five speed and its a slick shifting unit. Many of you have 5-speeds?

Reply to
Robert Black

I own a silver 05' Sorento LX4x4 with a 5-speed transmission,sport pkg,etc. A joy to drive.Not only is the Sorento somewhat a rarity on the roads of notheast Ohio,the few I do see are either the EX or the LX without the sport pkg( no fog lamps/blackout headlights/side steps /spoiler,etc).Solid silver(not two tone)plus the sport pkg was a combo the dealer told me would be few and far between.Add in the 5-spd. and my vehicle was the only one like it from Toledo Oh. (west) to Erie Pa.(east) to Columbus Oh.(south).The dealer I bought from is the leading Kia dealer in terms of units sold.They sold 2 for every 1 other dealers sold.For this reason they received first choice on what inventory they wanted on their lot.Most consumers don't want a stick shift suv with options so they are rare.Dealers seldom order what figures to sit on the lot so hence the automatic rules.However,Kia is one of the few companies that gives you the choice of transmissions in it's suv's and my dealer took a shot on ordering variety and my rare combo was born.

Reply to
James x2