KIA Clarus

My wife is driving a 99 Kia Clarus. Good car, the only really annoying thing is the key mix of centralised door locking and immobiliser. While unlocking the door you got approximately 0.01 seconds to open before the car locks itself. We found out that it seems to occur more often while being close to GSM cellular transmitter. My thought is to deactivate the immobiliser and the centralised door locking, unless we don´t fear about someone who wants to steel this car. Our dealer told us, that this is impossible cause this is part of the entire elctronic system. I can hardly believe this. Has anyone similar experiences with this car and maybe a solution?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Best Greeting Michael

Reply to
Michael Goettgens