Programming Central Locking Hand Transmitter 93' Cherokee

I have one working hand held central locking transmitter.

The other one doesn't work, it flashes but doesn't unlock the doors anymore.

I have also tried the hack way of pushing the drivers' door lock forwards two notches, ignition on, holding down both keys on remote, doesn't work in this remote, any ideas ?

Is there a way to programme / copy the other working transmitter information to the non unlocking transmitter

Failing that, can I buy, in UK, a remote locking transmitter I can programme by copying the working transmitter, just like you can with TV remotes these days

TIA

Reply to
94JeepMan

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Brilliant, thanks, I'll try it

Reply to
WorksToExcel

Or even:::

Brilliant, thanks, I'll try it

Reply to
94JeepMan

Tried it, doesn't work

I seem to remember reading somewhere that after a few attempts, the fob needs to be reset, probably attempted many times by previous owner

Will probably programme a simple TV remote as back up !!

Reply to
WorksToExcel

Reply to
Steve Foley

Hi Steve, Fob is another name for remote, I don't use it either, probably because it's German and I am an American. FOB Function: noun Etymology: perhaps akin to German dialect Fuppe pocket

1 : WATCH POCKET 2 : a short strap, ribb>
Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You speak English which has many Germanic words in it. Nothing to do with your patriotism.

However, on that note, Hughes is a Germanic name, so if you aren't German now, you were once :-) ... so is William - from Wilhelm.

[ducks]

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

hee hee, just rattling your chain Bill :-) With a name like Llewellyn, you must have a fair amount of Welsh blood in you ...

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

even madder :-)

Dave Milne

I suppose you eat Salisbury Steaks instead of Hamburgers.

Damn, where is that TV fob?

;-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

You have French ancestry? Oh, that explains it...

Pass the Freedom Fries, please..

;-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo