Kia owners

Is every one satisfied with there Kia's? I just bought a 2007 Sedona and it's great so far.

Reply to
vacuum

Exceptionally so. For 108,000 miles so far.

Rich '02 Optima SE V6

Reply to
<z

Very satisfied with my 04 Sorento. VERY dissatisfied with the local dealers. Won't buy another. Oh, and a fuel pump cost $500! Book time for spark plug change is 2 and a half hours! Check out alt.auto.hyundai for activity, as compared to this group. Also note tone and spirit of messages.

Too bad - Kia has nice products but distributor and dealers ru> Is every one satisfied with there Kia's?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
defaultpassword

** Posted from
**
Reply to
defaultpassword

The dealer is the determining factor no matter what we buy. Grocery stores, cars, restaurants, TV's, whatever. In my case, I had a superb dealer. Frankly, if it weren't for the dealer, I probably wouldn't have bought a KIA. I thought wife was nuts when she settled on the car. Turns out our Optima is the best car we've ever had (Ford models, every one of the GM models, Chrysler). If your dealer sucks, it doesn't matter how good the car is.

Reply to
<z

Have noticed that Kia dealers are usually either the very best or the very worst.

Hopefully, there is another in your area, as we have one of each here.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

It is indeed a good minivan. Am just waiting to pay off my '04 before I get me one of those.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Tom ~ We were very spoiled where we used to live. Our new digs are 300 miles away, but as luck would have it one of my neighbors is the retired sales manager of the local KIA dealer. So, I have an "in"!

Rich

Reply to
<z

Well, after having spent 4 hours yesterday at my Kia dealer to supposedly get a free oil change and free tires that were part of the deal when I bought my Sedona in 2003, I can't wait for the phone survey about their service! What a crooked, predatory dealership! There were three women in the waiting room with me and every one got the kind of screwing they DIDN'T enjoy! I sat and listened as each one was talked into the 'premium maintenance package' that 'was required to maintain the warranty, for anywhere from $52 to $255. I took one aside as she went outside to smoke and told her to look in her manual to see what is REALLY required to maintain the warranty. These bastards just prey on people like that and have no morals at all. For $150, they check your fluid levels, change your oil (the only thing required), look at your belts and hoses, put in a new air filter, do an 11 point inspection (what ever that is) and add a fuel conditioner and an oil conditioner. Now, I don't know of a single manufacturer who promotes oil additives. In fact, the cars that I own say specifically that adding anything to the oil voids the warranty. These are the same crooks that told me in January that my front brakes were worn out and had to be replaced. Since I hardly drive the car, I finally got around to changing the rotors and pads Saturday and there was over 50% pad thickness left. It was a half hour job for me under the shade tree. I took the pads with me to the dealer and showed them to him LOUDLY so all could here what I thought of a dealership who tries to rip people off. This was after he told me I didn't need new tires. In January he told me that the next time I bring it in, they would replace the tires. Finally, after some shouting and pointing out how many times we have complained about the last set of tires being out of round and throwing the car around like being on a trampoline and having the front end aligned two times, they finally agreed to replace the front ones if I promised to have it aligned again. I relented and told them to have it aligned at the shop they use, since the don't have an alignment machine there. Then they come out and tell me that I needed a camber bolt for $65 since they couldn't get an alignment. 'Should we replace it?'. 'Well, you have me by the balls, so I have no choice but to pay $65 for a $15 bolt." He also produced a piece of paper that specified all the conditions under which I must maintain the car and tires to be eligible for free tires. We told him that we had never received anything like that when we bought the car but he said that we must NOW adhere to the new rules. Now, if I wanted to fight it, I could since the only thing we got was a little yellow slip that says 'Free tires and oil change for life'. The first 'rule' states that the car has to be maintained to factory recommendations by the dealership. That rules out free tires because there is no way in hell that I would trust those people with anything beyond an oil change and they even screwed that up two times ago. I had to go on a quick trip and had to do my own oil change but I couldn't get the drain plug out with my box end wrench. I finally got my big torque wrench and found that I needed 130 foot pounds to break it loose...... The spec for tightening is 30 ft-lb (lb-ft for you younger guys).

While I was still waiting, one of the other women went out for a smoke and was telling me that her 2007 Optima has spent more time in their shop than in her garage. This time, it was stumbling and hesitating really badly. The 'ace' mechanic told her that it was probably the throttle body being dirty (which is true) but, before they go to that expense to clean it, he put a can of fuel treatment in the tank, which should clean the THROTTLE BODY!!! Not the injectors, the throttle body which never sees gasoline! I was standing next to her when he said that............. Now, anyone who has done it knows it takes about 10 minutes to clean a throttle body right on the car. You don't really need to remove it if you block the port behind it with a rag. She'll be back and they'll charge her some exorbitant fee to clean it. And then suck her into replacing the injectors too. This is on a one year old car!

The dealership is in Athens, Ga. if you want to know. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Once again this points out the fact that dealerships employ the worst of people to populate the service desk instead of the most knowledgeable. Why this little dealership had three people behind the counter is also a mystery. "vacuum" wrote in message news:48ee706b$0$5493$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com...

Reply to
631grant

I Bought a Brand new 2007 KIA Ultima SE V6 with every Option available.

It is unbelievably wonderful to look at and to drive. Especially for the Price.

vacuum wrote:

Reply to
AssBite