KIA Sephia '98

Hi to all,

can someone please tell me something about this car. I dont know is it good car, reliable etc... I'm thinking to buy one for cca 2800USD so please help:-)

Zdenko, Croatia

Reply to
Zdenko

I have a 98' Sephia (5 speed manual) with 69,000 miles. I've had it for five years and in that time, it has not given me any *major* problems. There have been several recall notices on this model for some minor things like wiper washer fluid hoses, to more substanial things like the ORVR valve and a problem with some seatbelt latches.

In the five years that I've owned it, I have never been stranded in my Sephia. In terms of reliability, I would rate it pretty highly. That said, there are some aesthetic issues:

  1. The engine noise is substantial in the cabin, especially at highway speeds.
  2. The 1998 model does not have a trunk light.
  3. The exterior body is succeptible to door dings. I imagine if my model had different moulding (like on the LS), there would be fewer.

I speak about Croatia, but I think that $2,800 USD is pricey in the US. I looked at Kelly Blue Book's website, and a private party sale price comes in under $2,000.

Good luck!

-Minh

Reply to
Minh Nguyen