+s & -s of Sorento

I'm a Jeep Grand Cherokee owner (02) and I'm considering buying a Sorento. Can you give me some feedback if you own one?

What you like/don't like?

Thank you

Reply to
Brian Foster

Hi Brian,

Here is what I recently posted in rec.autos.4x4:

Positives:

1) Compact to midsized 2) Real 4x4 off road capabilities 3) Real 4x4 low gear 4) Body-on-frame construction 5) Solid driving feel 6) Well appointed interior (take it off road, then to dinner! :-)) 7) Priced lower than competition 8) Excellent warranty

Negatives:

1) Gas mileage is less than unibody SUVs. 2) Still new (1st model year was 2003, introduced Dec. 2002 I think)

I have 10,000 Kms and one year on the car with no problems. I live in the snow belt (Montreal) so I've seen the advantage of 4x4 traction first hand. Put good winters on the Sorento and you can go anywhere.

Addendum:

I know this is a Kia forum but it never hurts to be fair. In that spirit, I hear very good things about the new Jeep Liberty CRD. I *believe* it to be smaller than the Sorento but since you are a Jeep owner, it might be worth your while to check it out.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Tim Lapin

Reply to