Shuma Engine Dies

Can anyone help?

I have a Kia Shuma with 80,000 miles on the clock. In the last few weeks when I come up to junctions and have to stop, the engine idle speed drops very low and then usually dies. The engine immediatly restarts with the starter and idles ok (or maybe just a hint rough). If I can keep some revs on the engine before it stops it is usually ok. It is as if something needs to catch up with the new, slow, engine speed?

Someone suggested the fuel injectors may have a laquer build up on them causing the problem. Can anyone confirm this is possible / likely, or is there anything else which would lead to these symptoms?

Thanks

JP

Reply to
JP

JP,

I had an exact same issue with a 01 Eclipse. Is your engine heating up correctly? The outcome was an adjustment to the on board computer that controlled the idle and replacement of the thermostat.

Reply to
MDH

One thing that it could be is a sticking EGR valve. You may have a code set and not have the light on. Have that checked.

Reply to
LandB