So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Just wanted to tell all here what a fine experience owning a Kia was. The day before yesterday, I convinced my wife that we should get a normal sized truck instead of the sub-compact Sedona. Hence, we are now the proud owners of a 2006 Avalanche.

It is nice to actually feel like I'm not squished inside like I was with the Sedona.

That said, the Sedona has been a very good car over the past almost five years. I have had zero problems which weren't handled promptly by the dealer. For those of you still driving Kia's enjoy!

I may be back if my mom's new Sportage ever decides to act up. Until then...

Reply to
PerfectReign

Good Luck on your new venture, I am just starting where you left off. I shall be collecting my new Sedona 2.9CRDi on Sept 1st. Gordon

Reply to
Spanner

== Good Luck with the 2006 Avalanche we looked at the older ones and really liked them but not needing a large truck we went with a 2003 Sorento when they first arived in US. And it's worked great. DK

Reply to
Shines

CRDi as in Common Rail Diesel? Are you in Europe? Regardless of location, I think quite a few of us would be grateful for any feedback of a diesel Sedona.

The next generation of diesels might hit North American shores in two years, when the new fuel regs come into play, or so I understand. Therefore, any reviews of diesel based vehicles would come in handy.

And remember, while the answer to life, the universe and everything might very well be 42, we still need good cars on the roads. :-)

Reply to
Tim Lapin

The 2.9CRDi unit has been around the UK a few years now, but has been reworked to produce about 40bhp more, ie 183bhp, and torque of 343NM (you will need to convert to lb/ft) This is second generation common rail injection with a variable geometry turbocharger. Emissions are quoted as CO 2 Manual 206 g/km, and Automatic 237 g/km Gordon

Reply to
Spanner

Glad to hear your Sedona treated you well. Hope your Avalanche gives you many trouble-free miles.

Be safe!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:13:47 -0600, CMM took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Thanks! I hope your Sedona works out much better as time goes on!

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:01:15 +0100, Spanner took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

I'm suprised at the torque number (around 250 ft/lbs, if I'm correct) in that engine. I would've thought it higher. I absolutely LOVED driving a Silverado 2500 with the 6.6L diesel. It has 350 HP and 650 ft/lbs (881NM) of torque. Man what a monster! (Yet it still gets around 20MPG.)

Enjoy your Sedona. Hope that they have the fuel pump issue worked out. I heard a few of the '01 and '02 Carnivals (precurser to the Sedona) had issues on the CRT engines.

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:58:57 +0000, Shines took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Thanks! I agree with the Sorrento. Nice truck. I like the 3.5 engine. If it wern't for needing a full-size bed, I'd go with one!

Reply to
PerfectReign

I just went the opposite direction. I traded my Nissan Titan Crew Cab for a Spectra 5!

The total cost of ownership on the Spectra will be $350 less per month. The only thing I haul 99% of the time is my bicycle, which fits in the back of my Spec5 with the seats down and the front wheel of my bicycle taken off.

I loved my Titan. But I just couldn't justify the 528 payments, 200 a month in gas, 110 a month insurance.

laters, Jim

Reply to
Jim Bronson