2.4 VM > 200TDi

in a Range Rover.

straight swap?

pain in the areas?

any nice little technical "features" like a different clutch plate to trap the unwary?

anyone know?

I assume the TDi will need to bring its rad and intercooler with it, but that's not a problem.

The chap who's just got the VM-powered RR is not amused. seems the engine is blowing heavily, and he's not amused at the fact that he failed to notice this.

Quoth I, with eye to the main chance of course, "Why not put the decent TDi out of the disco (disco is badly rotted at the rear) into it?

and as a result, I may end up doing the work in return for the decent gearbox from the said disco :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

VM Clutch Plate = FTC148

200Tdi = URB100760

but.... FTC148 is 200 Tdi Disco plate - so would be ok.

Clutch Covers are the same

Engine mountings are radicaly different - it looks like they would need transplanting......and anyway the VM ones require a mortgage if they need replacing so using the Tdi ones would be a Good Thing in the long run anyway.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd