2.5TD power steering pump

Anyone got one of these lying about? If so, could you take a quick measurement for me?

I need to know the distance from the pulley edge to a reference point (doesn't matter too much which one) on the mounting bracket.

I bought a pump on e-bay as part of a collection of bits to fit PAS to my

1990 90 but the pump came without pulley or the boss to mount the pulley on the pump spindle. I've bought a pulley but the boss is not available separately from the pump so I've had to make one. So far so fairly straightforward (took a while to file out the keyway, but seems to fit) but I don't know how long the boss should be in the axis of the pump shaft so as to position the centre line of the pulley in line with the crankshaft pulley when mounted. It's a belt drive so it won't need to be accurate to thou's, but a dimension to the nearest millimetre would be helpful.

I can post a pic somewhere to make this question clearer, if someone has one lying around they could measure for me.

Thanks

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

In article , Nick Williams writes

ITYM the distance along the pump shaft between the pulley and the mounting. Is that right? If so, I've taken some pics at:

The distance measured with callipers is almost exactly 60mm (see pics).

HTH. By the way, it's a 1988 TD.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:21:05 +0000, SpamTrapSeeSig wrote (in article ):

'zacly what I needed. You is a star. Button hole me in the Hunters sometime and claim your reward.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

In article , Nick Williams writes

No sweat - hope it works. I had the Dickens of a job getting the belt tensioned though. Always squealed and juddered on full lock until the garage finally sorted it!

Hmm... It's Autumn, and the water's back - I feel Swildon's coming on, so may yet take you up on that :)

All the best,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig