Swivel pin housing oil level

I've been going over my landrover checking out all the oil levels. I'm a bit puzzled by the swivels. In my Haynes manual it shows a 'level plug' and a 'filler plug'. However I can only find a single square-section headed plug on either side of the vehicle.

Got number two so to double check just in case I was missing the 'bleedin obvious'......He could also only find one.

Anyway I topped them up through the one we could find.

The vehicle is an ex-MOD 1986 90 - Do the military vehicles have different swivels on them?

Just curios!

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" wrote in news:dl7a0u$ho2$1 @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Some had one, some had two. Someone knowledgeable will be along in a minute with dates and model numbers. I think mine has two on one side, one on the other! Depends if they have been replaced or not, and with what!

BTW, someone said to fill them up to the top. Others to the levelling plug (if it has one). To the top is probably safer. I prefer oil (EP90) rather than one shot grease as it's easier to deal with if I have to adjust the swivel pre-load. The grease is designed to get everywhere, and it does.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue