3.9i idle speed

The idle speed on my Discovery is very eratic, almost feels like it going to stall sometimes. I have taken out the idle stepper motor and cleaned it but its still the same. I did read somewhere that if I disconnect the plug with the engine at idle the speed should increase to approx 2000rpm. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? How can I test it? If I need a new one, how much is it likely to be? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard