How things creep up ...

Had a new clutch put in the Discovery (96/97 3 door 300 Tdi) as I didn't have the time.

Got it back, found I had some time, so replaced all the fluids, and I mean all, even the brake fluids, diffs, ps, gearbox, engine, all filters, gave it a general spruce up and tightened it's nuts, replaced two glow plugs and did a quick clean/grease up of anything that moves, greased all nipples I could find and went out to play.

Revelation, it purrs like a cat and feels just so much tauter to drive. Even the wind noise seemed louder 'cos there weren't any other clatters or bangs or grinds coming from it ... ;)

It also seemed much more powerful, easier to accelerate and just so much happier.

I guess it must have been like a bag of nails before, but it had crept into that condition without me noticing the gradual decline.

I is happy ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx