4 door 87 RR Wheel Arch

Lads, and lasses of course........

The wheel arch on my RR has rusted. I believe this is a comon problem with them

I thought it would be eaiser to replace the whole arch, but am not so sure now. I bought a rear wheel arch for a 4 door from Rimmer Bros, (no problems before now) however, when i looked at it, i think it is for a 2 door.

There is no seatbelt mount in this one, and the 'ridge' that holds the carpet in and the door rubber on is not there.

Am i missing something here, or are the 2 and 4 door arch's different. If so, does anyone know where i can get a LH 4 door RR rear arch from.

I have put some pics here, and would like some adivce...

Pics 11 and 14 are of the new arch, which i think should be for a 2 door.

Is it bad enough to replace, do you think i could plate it? The rangie does very little miles and most of them off road.

(Whilst i was there, couldnt help playing, so ive put them on the web to)

Any advice greatfully appriciated.

Mark

1987 RR V8 EFI
Reply to