75k Service

I have a 98 Range Rover SE coming up on 75k mileage. Does anyone know what the details are for the 75k service the dealer is insisting I need?

Reply to
RB

On or around Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:37:05 -0400, "RB" enlightened us thusly:

75? sounds improbable, I thought they were based on a 6000 mile interval, with major stuff at 12000/24000.

older ones certainly were. I haven't got info about that model though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Check your owners manual. The 87-91 RR Manual calls for the following:

Motor oil and filter change. Belts, cooling and exhaust check. Top off transfer box, front diff, rear diff, steering swivel housing, power steering, brakes, tranny and cooling system. Check foot brake operation. Check leaks at leveling unit and dampers. Check all steering linkage. Adjust steering box. Adjust alignment. Check air cleaner, throttle linkage, trans linkage, check all ignition wiring/systems. Check battery condition then clean/grease battery terminals. Clean/inspect distributor cap/rotor. Clean/adjust spark plugs. Check/adjust ignition timing. Check condition of seatbelts. Check tightness of propeller shaft coupling bolts. Check operation of cruise control. Check tyres to manufactures specs, including spare. Check/adjust headlamps. Check operation of instruments, horn, radio and gauges. Check operation of front and rear wind screen wipers. Clear sunroof drain holes. Check/Lubricate all door, hood and rear gate latches/locks. Check operation of heater/air conditioner. Check all brake components for leaks and chaffing. Check power steering system for leaks and corrosion. Check all fuel lines for leaks. Check cooling system for leaks and hose condition. Inspect braking system for wear, pad condition, caliper leaks and disc condition. Check/adjust parking brake. Lubricate parking brake linkage. Lubricate driveshaft U-joints. Lubricate driveshaft sealed slide joints.

That about sums it up. How much did the dealer want to provide this service? I have the 89 and 91 RR with 125000 mi. and 158000 mi. respectively. Original motor, transfer box and trans in both.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

check this link... might help you on what is expected to be done and when

Paul Gardner