90 Seat Replacements

Has anyone got any recommendations as to seats that are easy to fit in the front of a 90? The standard ones are really lumpy and uncomfortable and I don't fancy shelling out hundreds for Exmoor Trakkers etc. I have seen loads of articles in mags with different seats including some nice leather ones from an Alfa apparently, but how easy is it fit non standard seats?

Andy

1989 90 V8 CSW
Reply to
Andy

A friend of mine asked me if he could have some manual cloth seats from a Range Rover Classic I was breaking. Don't know if he had any problems but they are fitted ok and are comfortable he says and he has had them in a couple of years or so now.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

SAAB seats fit very nicely, remember you will lose the storage under the seats if you fit something aftermarket

Reply to
Cassillis

Reply to
Andy

I've got saab C900 seats in the 2A and i had to chop the base down a lot to make them low enough for me (but i'm tall) Fitting shouldnt be hard. I fitted lengths of angle iron along the bottom of the seat base and bolt that down to the seat box.

If fitted 'studs' (long bolts through from the base with a locknut on the topside) to hold my seats down - it is now really easy to remove then so i can get at my fuel tank or battery.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Fri, 12 May 2006 11:50:52 +0100, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

do you need the centre seat?

If not, I recommend ford sierra ones - the more "sporty" looking ones with pronounced side bulges are best. Unbolt all the sierra underframe from the seat, remove the LR seat from the rails, and make up 2 plates (3mm steel is best) which bolt to the underside of the sierra seat and onto the seat rails from the original 90 seat. access in and out is slightly more difficult due to the seat design but once in the comfort was unbeatable.

On the 110 I moved the seat rails in from the door by the spacing of the 2 holes for the screws that hold the rails to the seatbox - in other words, put the outer screw in the inner hole and drill a new inner hole. this moved the seats in by a bit more than an inch and made 'em better still, they come out a bit near the door otherwise.

Reply to
Austin Shackles