94 Discovery engine swap

Hey mates, i am soon going to put a Chevy 4.3 liter V6 into my 94 Discovery.

My reason for choosing it is because i used to have a Chevy Astro with the same engine and it not only worked well but lasted alot better than this recycled beer can 3.9 V8.

Has anyone else done this swap? I have seen several Discoverys with a 5.7 V8 (Chevy 350) and never one with the 4.3.

Which transmission and transfer case would be best to put behind it as well? Write me with anything useful,

Reply to
technofarmer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Having fitted a Jag lump in a IIa "Because I can" I'd say don't bother. Just go and walk up and down the drive on your knuckles and then set fire to a few hundred quid. The long term effect will be the same ;-)

Opinion aside I here much raving about Torqueflight autoboxes for appilcations such as yours. If it prompt further discussion then mission accomplished.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Hear.... doh!

Reply to
Lee_D

Um A slur on our 3.9 V8 Well flaming comes to mind...but I cant...Wont be sucked in...hehe Anyone else feel free...

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

I was tempted....sacrilege!!!

Geo (I loves my 3.5 V8)