Air suspension Vs Coils on RRC LSE

I know it's a bloody expensive system to fix if it goes wrong, but what exactly does the air system offer over the coil arrangement I can fit for a few hundred quid? Does it ride better? I know it can be used on different settings (heights) but does it really give any benefits?

I am also a bit concerned the coil conversion for the LSE might just be the same as the normal AS RRC & not take into account the extra rear weight. There aren't that many LSE's about, or do they just use Police or heavy duty rear coils?

I don't want to take it off until it breaks as the idea sounds good, but what are the benefits?

Ta

Nige

-- Subaru WRX COMING SOON - RRC LSE - Can't wait!

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Nige,

Once you've ridden on air - coils become something that you can feel ;-) The advantages of air on the LSE are adjustable ride hide (I assume it drops height at speed to ensure more stability), comfort and the ability to gain a

2" lift offroad by pressing a button! Sometimes when I get back in the coiler it feels like one of those kiddies playground toys (you know the things bolted to a coil spring!) - hard to describe, but you'll know what I mean.
Reply to
Neffalump

In message , Nige writes

I am converting one to coils soon. Much cheaper option then messing around with the AS. I see P38 owners swapping to coils too.

I have the coil kit sitting in the workshop but the car is not booked in yet to have it fitted. I would guess that the rear coils are heavier duty than standard for the reasons you mentioned.

The only thing I like about the AS is the self levelling ability when towing, this much noticed on Disco II with SLS.

Reply to
Marc Draper