Airbag fault

Airbag fault has appeared on my 2000 RR 4.0. It goes off periodically but as soon as a portly person sits in the passenger seat it comes back on again. Is it a faulty sensor somewhere deep in the passenger seat?

Reply to
David Haggas

look up rotary coiler

Not that expensive, but ffs don't try it yourself.

Reply to
Nige

Is that some kind of irrigation treatment for the passenger or a fix for the car?

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just re-read that, it will be the pretensioners connector i'll bet.

Reply to
Nige

A pretentious connector? Sounds like who?

Reply to
GbH

Thanks Nige. Seems to have gone away now maybe someone gave the belt a good yank and sorted it

Reply to
David Haggas

Seatbelt pretensioners are a known weak spot in the system. I've had a couple go on Discos - it's not a biggie.

Reply to
Rich B