ALF Logo

Is there such a thing as a logo for AFL?

If not, we should have comp to see who can make the best, vote on them - then use it.

Im sure some stickers could be made up?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Good luck - when I hinted at such a thing a few weeks back, the great and the good pooh-pood as only a battle hardened cynic can.

Green Oval, yellow text "AFL", slightly cursive. ok - it's an idea, but I have no skills to implement.

trivial I'd say - modern tech easily available should ensure that each can produce their own from a supplied image.

Reply to
William Tasso

If you have an inkjet printer there is self adhesive film you can print on but .... you need to coat the printed surface with fixer ( Ghiant ) or it wont last .My tool chest has a number of cod stickers I made up while playing. Handy for imprinting logos so pattern items mudflaps lamps etc show the green oval ( Nige? ) Peggy had Ring spots with LR badges they look a sight better.

Alternative you can reverse the printing on labels and stick em on the inside of the glass ( no use to me- tinted windows!) I wonder if Land Rover would complain if I printed some green ovals with AFL on instead of Land rover?? the 'mercan masters tend to have a protective attitude to trademarks. Derek

Reply to
Derek

There's also this:
Friend of mine says this works really well for bike tank decals but you do have to give them som protection - clear lacquer?

Reply to
William Tasso

William Tasso uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Ok, you have my attention, the rest of the family who have a normal life are asleep and I've just finished yet another Cancelled rest day due to the footy... I've got to finish all these bottle of beer on the wall before I can go to sleep ... here's my off the cuff effort..

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

How about sommat with the letters AFL, A being the bonnet and front of the vehicle, F forming the bulkhead, windscreen and cab, L forming the rear of the cab and the load bed? If I wasn't so damned lazy I'd draw it myself..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I've tried a couple of images my software is all up the creek so this make take a while .I've tried to keep it simple and have not used white as that cannot be printed on transparent film. hence no inside window stickers .

please. Derek Disco feverish

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Good effort!

here's one I cobbled together last night under tuther thread incase it got missed...

I like silver as it show up well on many paint jobs.

Simple is definately the key though if it's to be a success. Summat easy to spot without being a blot on some of the finer vehicles too as I guess it wouldn't be adopted then.

Is is a deliverate typo but when ever anyone seems to refer to AFL it always comes out ALF myself included.

:-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I went for a nice simple one:

Its silver text. Nice and cheap to do too and I reckon it does the job!

Lee - If you fancy an identical one then I actually have another sticker the same that i bought to go on the 101 but i've just realised that silver text wont work very well on silver paint! I shall buy one in black at the next show i visit.

Reply to
Tom Woods

How about this;

plain text, so it's easy to read. With a photoshopped muddy tyre image, (standard SIII steel wheel).

Would probably work well in silver. The image looks like a tyre to me, but I've been staring at it for 20 mins, any thoughts?

DavidM

Reply to
DavidM

Its like one of those 3-d thingies. And I can't see them either.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I really like this one!

Reply to
Dave R

Agreed. But does the 'A.F.L.' add anything? I think it's better without it.

Reply to
Dougal

Looks brill Lee but I can't print silver- it can be done but its not a normal printer option.Of course we could always wire wool the paint off underneath.down to the ally...............maybe not. I'll play some more when I find my paint programme I've accumulated so dammed many mostly pants supplied with hardware stuff. I still fancy something that looks 'green ovally' maybe with a wider border tho' the text on a ( black) bumper would be nice and obvious as Tom has done . Its got to be something that is spotable from 20yds+ even if not readable until you get closer. Spare tyre covers are ideal I may show Vicky

been wanting to do something airbrushy that could be just the ticket.Lets have some more to look at then.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Much the same but different

Oooooo Airbrushing..... looks at 101...h'mmmmm, I've got an Air brush kit, It's been out of the box once... scary it was too.

And especially for those spare wheel covers...

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I agree with the agreement ... I think.

I'd like to see the whole thing on an oval background.

I just tried it as a simple greyscale ... no AFL, simple black, oval border with white background ... much simpler to repro and still looks good to me.

Maybe I have simple tastes ...

Reply to
AJG

I'm begining to think I should get out more :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

and for the wheel cover....

or view the lot at and take yer pick

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:29:06 +0100, DavidM enlightened us thusly:

looks like a land rover wheel.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Lee_D came up with the following;: