ALF Logo

I like that one as well. It has the oval and the angled lines. What it lacks is green, how about reversing the silver and green? So the air brushing is silver and the text body green.

Getting picky the focus on the nuts seems to have gone but that might be a feature of enlarging a smaller image?

I'd probably play with a wider silver border, putting the ALT.FAN.LANDROVER text truly along the ovals center line and using a smaller font for "Just a bunch of Land Rover nuts" so it doesn't have to wrap. Note that this is playing to see the effect...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice wrote: "Just a bunch of Land Rover nuts" so it doesn't have to

Surely the nuts should all be rusty, with rounded corners ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

They are getting there!

I'll have a fiddle later.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

In that case don't forget to put notches in the flats so it looks like some rock ape has chiselled the buggers off. I'm convinced that my Disco has been worked on by King Kong's less talented brother every ruddy drain or filler plug has required the impact driver or long bar.Good god I understand the paranoia about drips off the drain plugs but the fillers too??? glad everything drainable has now been done and refilled next its "Mig Time". I'm going to try printing"blackovalz1blckback.JPG" have you done this without the green shadow by any chance I think with the density of the black the green might bleed difficult to tell and the film aint cheap to practice on Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

No I imported it in but I'm sure with a bit of time - in the week I can make it disapear. If not I can always fill the bacground the same colour then recolour it all black... watch it not work though!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Paul - xxx writes

Got my hand in the air also ...

Reply to
AJG

... or missing?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Previously

Well I've hopefully got two birds with one stone here by losing the green for Derek which I must say looks a bit more classy.

Also the Text centralised and "Just a bunch" text on one line and reduced. Wider border also.

I've even added the screws / rivets - question should they be screws or rivets? Either way I think the effect will be the same.

New one here...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Classy maybe but rather monochromatic... I had a little play last night and changing the black BG to a dark green, the text to a lighter/brighter green and black air brushing worked quite well. Personally the lack of a "Land Rover green" is a Bad Thing, we have the oval and the flashes. Looking at a real LR logo I notice that the text is a bold sans serif italic rather than a blocky serif one... Similar to the just a bunch text, swap the fonts? I can see the thin lines of the, now better and smaller, just a bunch text being hard to reproduce on smallish stickers.

I can't see any screws or rivets on ...z2.jpg B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I can see the logic in the green but another green oval at a Landrover show isn't going to stand out at all which has to part of the exercise init.

The Rivets have 3 layers of camo then a layer of matt black over the top... they are there if you look closely.

However if you want green then maybe homage to another iconic marque could be introduced to the design though I've yet to see a Landrover Harley Hybrid maybe this is a first...

.. to me it us puting our stamp on our marque, in a similar manner to how our marque puts a stamp on our driveways. No rivets on this one yet mind!

I'm thinking flag, sticker, spare wheel covers and mugs with profits to charity of choice subject to a poll.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Fair point, black doesn't exactly stand out though. B-) A light(ish) green text? Or green flashes?

Aye, I found them when I colour filled the black a dark green. B-)

Trains or stations is what instantly sprange to mind with that one.

Sounds good to me.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice