and repeat after me...

OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS!!!!

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

nah, that other dumbass will take it on for him, at a price, I reckon about

80K should do it ;-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

|| OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS!!!! || ||

I can just hear the driver wailing: "But I had the Terrain Response (tm) set to Mud!!"

D'you reckon he'll sue Land Rover too?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Doubt it - he'll need more than 80K to replace his house.

Ho ho ho.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Definitely going to re-take up my childhood hobby of combing the beach with a metal detector - you never know what you can find now-a-days!!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

That beach is starting to resemble a scrap yard :-)

Reply to
SteveG

Now they should have an aptitude test for purchasers.... like exactly which sort of arir bags do you need?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That reminds me, where is Posh Ted?

Reply to
GbH

Good. Those who drive where they have no legal entitlement to do so deserve all they get. Insurance will be invalid too.

Reply to
Mother

How's this for a mud plugger?

This isn't bad either;

I don't see the freelander crowd forming a queue for those though!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ah yes, the most inappropriately named off-roader, possibly in the history of off-roading!

Still, wouldn't mind one, though.

Reply to
Mother

Nice little beasts, although I've got a soft spot for the twin-screw pontoon jobs, I doubt I'd be popular if I drove one through town though!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

WOW. (I really love that picture though, for some reason - I know the car is ruined and stuff, but I just think the picture is really cool, of it sitting in the mud.)

Reply to
helena

hrmm The vehicle screws it self forward or reverse by rotating the rolls in opposite direction

Best not to say any more methinks.

slashdotted?

Reply to
William Tasso

So do we, best place for it ;-)

Drive one on board a ship, tie a rope to it, and chuck it overboard when in port. Lovely!

You may be getting the impression by now that this group in general is not a great fan of the soft-roaders ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Not many sandy, boggy beaches in Ohio? :-)

Reply to
Mother

aye - wonder if it qualifies as flotsam & jetsam or maybe marine salvage?

Reply to
William Tasso

Imagine the look on his face after coming back from a quick dip to realise some one had nicked his wheels ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

To be fair though they have undoubtedly kept Landrover from the wolves, sad as it is. They do occasionally have a poke at my soft spots, if I were to replace the Laguna in the future I may consider one were they not riddled with problems (much as is the P38A).

It may be there is a model of Freelander that is actually quite reliable but sadly most posts here are appeals for help or tales of woe regards blown head gaskets or repeated trips to the dealers to try and resolve issues.

I was pleased to see our neighbour join the LR fold getting a Freelander, Thankfully I hadn't been over to wet the babies head as no sooner had it arrived it was carted off on the back of a low loader and returned several weeks later with a replacement engine. I take some relief in knowing that now they realise why LR should consider a part number for a role out mat for working on their products which I spend so much time laying underneath.... I some times wonder why I actually need a house / bed.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Looking at the power output figures for the revamped TD4 -joint Ford Citroen LR project ( see commonality rules the blue ovals global plans ) it could be just around the corner more than plenty for the Next Generation Defender I reckon.Hopefully much better than the lump in the Berlingo I used for a courier job up to Prestwick today

Derek One thing sounds worse than a Berlingo engine Chris Evans!!

Reply to
Derek