One of those bikers that I think we all agree on ....

Jesus, what a c*ck

Reply to
Nige

Sure don't leave him much to crow about.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

That's why plain black leathers are the ones to wear. (In the 3rd shot, they looked green and pink - if so, he deserved everything he got.)

What's with the 39 points, by the way? A ban is a ban, and he'll have them all wiped off after he's served it. It's a bit like those cases in the US where they sentence multiple killers to 900 years in the Pen. The final 850 of those are possibly irrelevant.

Reply to
Rich B

He's a prat with only half a brain, wearing leathers with only two in th= e country... I doubt the ban will stop him riding his bike anyway unless they physically take it away from him for the duration. He obviously has= no regard for the law or other people so not having the relevant bits of= paper isn't going to stop him.

Just like it doesn't stop people driving about in old bangers, untaxed a= nd unMOT'd. *If*, big if, they get caught they might get a few hundred quid= fine and the car crushed but that's cheap motoring with tax at =A3120 or= =A3185/year for something Y reg or older. They have no insurance either = but what the heck? They won't have any assets for a court to take so they ju= st pay a tiddly amount off per month of any damages brought against them an= d they might not even pay that even if they are supposed to. A driving ban= as a result, they won't worry about that.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:03:20 +0100, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

doesn't make so much money for the thievi^W government. Apart from that, I like it.

However, if it's equitable and sensible, there's no chance of TPTB adopting it :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

But in the eyes of the politically correct it's not equitable, as those that go well over the speed limit get a heavier punishment than those that only just break it. The end result is the same though "there's no chance of TPTB adopting it".

It's certainly sensible in that those that regulary get caught for speeding will rapidly get enough points to loose their licence. For those who get knabbed the heightened awareness in the tot up period just might improve their driving habits.

But for those that regulary get caught they are probably so reckless that not having a bit of paper won't stop them driving. I'd add a cap of instant, no argument, loose your job? tough shit, months ban if you are caught 20mph above the limit for the road/vechicle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Isn't the point that he was a serial abuser of front pointing traffic cameras *because* he thought the number plate was the only way he would be identified?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

As I said tough shit. 20mph over the limit is not what a properly alert and aware driver would do by "accident".

Maybe it does need to be a percentage rather than a flat cap though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Maybe they could do an experiment in dishing out flat caps, I'd suggest Yorkshire.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

What do flat cap wearers drive? Deer stalkers seem to be Volvo drivers. Beware that hat wearing driver or car with hat on rear parcel shelf...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Austin Allegros. Always.

(Should that be Allegri?)

Reply to
Rich B

I believe a collection of them is known as a "scrapyard", or sometimes an "airstrike".

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:05:36 +0100, "Muddymike" enlightened us thusly:

This is of course an argument in favour of more traffic cops and fewer cameras. The traffic cop can apply intelligence and judgment to the matter; and bust the ones who are genuinely dangerous (e.g. doing 40 past a school at kicking-out time) but let the ones doing 110 on a deserted motorway off with a bollocking, provided they didn't take the piss. And taking the piss includes, but is not limited to, failing to notice the jam sandwich behind you and continuing to hammer along flat out.

I always have said that if I get busted for speeding by a marked police car in plain view, I deserve to be.

I say, steady on old chap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I agree 99% As for the remaining 1% Less of the "old" :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike