Anyone bored this Sunday?

Off-road fun to be had at Tong in Bradford, 10.00 - 16.00

Would be nice to see AFL represented :-)

Reply to
Andy

Good chance of me being there, probably alone ... ;)

Sons 16th birthday and wifes ... er ... birthday too, so we're having a family do on Saturday night, but she just said I don't _have_ to drink if i want to go off-roading the next day ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Got back a while ago, but had a few things to do. Good site, lots to do, some hard, some feckin' hard and some impossible on AT's ... ;)

Got caught on a Black run on some tree roots, so the Disco is now (even more) battle-scarred. It'll pull out, with a bit of elbow grease etc ... ;) Radio fell out half-way up a hill, fairly steep coming up out of one of the ponds, very bumpy/stony ... deftly caught by my youngest in the front passenger seat ... Bloody thing's brand new so I can have like 200 songs on one cd (MP3's) instead of loads of cd's all over the place, but the tangs that hold it in can't have been tight enough. They are now ... ;).

Great day Andy. Asked for you a couple of times, but forgot your second name (is it Marshall?) or what you drive (is it a white Defender?). Thought I saw you watching some Suzukis pull another out of a pond, but wifey wanted a toilet stop and a drink at that point so had to go past.

Certainly good enough for an AFL club run one weekend ... is there camping/caravanning available on site? Looked like the fishing is good too ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Good innit? AFL would be good.

There are camping facilities not that far away.

Reply to
Nige

What's the camping like Nige ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

It's mentioned on the site, but there are others nearby.

It's a cracking site.

Reply to
Nige

That was me watching those Suzuki's, the chap on the gate said someone was asking for me but forgot your name and didn't remember what car you were in FFS so I had no idea who to look out for sorry.

Glad you enjoyed it, it is a great site.

Reply to
Andy

How about their August camping weekend ? 60 quid for the weekend, including camping and a BBQ ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

We could be up for that.

Reply to
Nige

AOL

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Mon, 19 May 2008 15:10:44 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

Sounds good, but depends on whether I've got the 110 fixed.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Could be a plan!

Reply to
Nige

Think our friend from the Eastern shires may be planning a road-trip for the August B/H - don't recall the details, but I think green laning is to be the focus.

Simon - pay more attention to usenet :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Belay that ... it would appear we will be in France for that weekend, fortnight, sometime.

We're taking the Disco and caravan to Brittany and Normandy with No Fixed Plan as yet, a few days here a few days there etc. So if anyone knows of any French sites in that area I'd appreciate a grid ref or name etc. Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Go on, lets call it an AFL meetup.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around 20 May 2008 14:06:27 GMT, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

Le mans... and the old Reims GP circuit site.

One day, I'm going to go to the 24 heures du mans. It is, in all seriousness, on my list of "things to do before I die". However, I suspect it's a bit late to book for this year, even if I could afford the travel.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Heh, ditto ... we've driven through or round the town so many times.

We did a couple of 24 hour endurance bike races in UK, at Snetterton and Donington many years ago and there's absolutely nothing that compares. I've also spectated at a few, bike and car endurance races and the atmosphere is something everyone needs to experience some time.

Reply to
Paul - xxx