Anyone breaking a P38?

Because I need a drivers door mirror.

Parked up in a street this afternoon visiting a friend, one of those streets where people park on both sides in designated parking bays. I parked as close as possible to the kerb and there was tons of room to get past.

Until some window licker parked a Vectra on the other side of the road, about 8" from the kerb, forcing everyone nearer to the Rangie.

Whoever hit it didn't stop, but must have hit the mirror with some force. The casing is shattered, the glass was actually bellied out about

2" proud of the casing remains, and there was blue paint all over the road (The Rangie is black, and is otherwise unscathed).

I am *not* a happy bunny.

Reply to
Pete M

I seem to remember them being the same as one of the Disco models, either face lift Disco1, or Disco2. BICBW

Martin

Reply to
Oily

No, they are totally different Martin. VERY expensive too ffs.

Reply to
Nige

Door and wing mirrors always are fing expensive. The synic in me says this is just the manufactureres makinga quick buck on a part that keeps getting damaged and has to be replaced for the MOT.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Pete, be careful buying on eBay, there are two different mirror types with different connectors behind the door tweeter. The HSE has ones that dip when you select reverse, make sure you get the right type.

Reply to
Nige

I've managed to furgle the casing back into reasonable shape, good enough to mount the glass back on, but I've had to replace the glass with a bit of cunningly cut perspex for now. I can probably get away with just replacing the glass now. Which is nice. I'll get a complete mirror when prices fall.

Reply to
Pete M

Try Colin White Services down in Glastonbury, they do mail order :) Number's on Google...

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Dunno if you know but Halfrauds do replacement stick on mirrors, goes over the top of the old shattered glass. May be worth a look. Sorted our last Disco out a treat.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D