Anyone with experience with Greenway Chaco / Atacama tyres ?

Hi,

Further to my recent posts about 750-16 tyres, I'm thinking about getting some of these

inparticular Chaco or Atacama (about 50 notes each). The 750-16 will fitmy 5.5 rims and also have a N speed rating, same as the avonrangemasters, so I stay legal etc. I never go on motorways or even dual carriageways (aren't any around here).

My main concern is wet road handling.

Cheers,

Andrew

110 V8 CSW
Reply to
Andrew T.

Considering there are parts of the Atacama where it is thought no rain has fallen for a million years, it doesn´t augur well for wet handling !!

I have Greenway Machos on my 101, they are much better than the bar grips.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Hmm, aren't greased pigs better than the bar grips?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I would be getting the Machos, but they don't come in 750-16, and I want to keep my standard 5.5" rims.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

interesting but how do you get them to stay on the rims?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

You r** **** ** *** pig's **** ***** ******** **** ** with margerine.

Sorry about the censoring, trade secrets you know. Not to mention other legal issues.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around 25 Jan 2007 10:53:33 -0800, "Andrew T." enlightened us thusly:

it's not written in stone that you can only fit 7.50 tyres to 5.5" rims.

I've had 235/85R16 on standard 110 rims with no trouble, and many people use them on LWB series rims as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

True I suppose, but another reason is so I can keep my normal 750-16 rangemaster spare wheel so I don't have to buy 5 new.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

It doesnt matter if the spare is differently sized as long as the rolling diameter is the same (think space saving spares in cars!)

by my rough calculations there is very little difference between a

750-16 and a 235/85R16
Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:41:56 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

about 3/4 inch. I used to have 31x10.5R15 on the 110 with a 235/85R16 spare.

Reply to
Austin Shackles