At last - the 90 returns, 5" shorter and 100% better

In message , Simon Isaacs writes

Which is why the DVLA need a good kicking for inconsistency ...

I know of a coil-converted 109 chassis shortened to 88 with a V8 and RR transmission - he has had it inspected and still it is tax exempt on the original 109 plate ...

I can also point at more than one hybrid (at least one from a tax-exempt RR) with original plates ...

Not arguing right or wrong but, in my book, whatever the rules are they should be consistently applied and published!

Reply to
AndyG

In message , Richard Brookman writes

I've been after a copy for ages - the only source I found *was* somewhere like the Stationery Office but in exchange for some ridiculous number of oil-encrusted pound notes ... and that was without all the amendments!

Reply to
AndyG

On or around Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:37:03 +0000, AndyG enlightened us thusly:

Hughes Guides. Buy their CD fer about 20 notes.

unfortunately, I neglected to update it last year. this will be remedied soon.

but be aware that their ssl certificate is expired. I emailed them to this effect the other day, no reply as yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:00:51 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

looks good.

did you get away without bending the trackrod etc in that "ouch"?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| || looks good. || || did you get away without bending the trackrod etc in that "ouch"? ||

Thanks Austin. Yes, the impact was entirely on the wing. Mrs B was driving, of course. I was CoC for the day, and I had TOLD her the way between the trees, I even drove it myself the day before to prove it was possible in a road-going 90. But she had the Club Chairman as passenger, and when he sent her a different way, then said "push past that tree, it'll give way" she did as she was told. It was an interesting drive home, with "one eye on the pot and the other up the chimney".

The track rod has been bent to spaghetti on several other occasions, however...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In message , Austin Shackles writes

looks good but their 'subscription' is basically the same price as the full article - bit of a cheek really.

Reply to
AndyG

On or around Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:29:55 +0000, AndyG enlightened us thusly:

online shop declined to work this evening, too. crashed mozilla.

meanwhile, the sub thing... you get a new CD with the updated stuff on, so in other words, basically a new copy, so fair enough, plus you can access the online thing and hunt updates yerself during the year.

can't remember why I didn't renew it this year, forgot or skint most likely.

's in adobe PDF format, so quite good, and moderatly well indexed etc.

Reply to
Austin Shackles