Back on to the gearbox....

Hi

I managed to get my reverse idler shaft bashed in thanks to a new, bigger hammer. I'm looking at the old mainshaft (only mechanical part left) and I'm not sure if it's suitable to reuse; there is discolouration over the whole shaft and the rearmost bearing/bush surface (the one that goes inside an overdrive) has pitting. Does this shaft sound ok to reuse, if not does anyone have a good spare?

I can take some pictures if necessary.

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins