Best De-Greaser???

Hi all,

My 90 200tdi needs attention again!!

I need to clean / de-grease my gearbox and transferbox (while in situ with tunnel and seat bases removed for ease) because its smells after a while on long runs. I figure once ive changed all offending gaskets and seals this should stop the smell (and drips!).

Ive heard about "gunk" but never used it and also read about the DIFFLOCK product. Which of these is best and are there any others I should go for???

Cheers Jon

Reply to
Jon

Parafin and a paint brush followed by a rinse in soapy water with lubrication where required to follow.

Cheap and effective.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Traffic Film Remover (TFR) is a good product and costs about £20 for 25 litres.

Regards

Brian Tonks

Reply to
Brian Tonks

yup I use that spray it on neat and depending how gungy it is, scrub and wash or just wash (I use a cold water jet wash). The stuff I have seems to make ally fizz so it cleans that realy well. I think it came from Autosmart.

Reply to
Angus McCoatup