Big trailer

Anyone interested in a big trailer?

load bed 14'8" x 6'8" (from memory, but easy enough to check), bed lowers to floor at back to load, pump it up again by a hydraulic pump which is not original but does work. It's big enough to carry a 110 or a disco, and the pump will lift that weight, albeit not easily. When I bought it, they wanted an extra 500 quid for one with the genuine hydraulic set on it, so I assume they're rare. What this one has is a clarke pump from their body press kit.

Made by Hara, in Gallo, Sweden, ex-NATO, I think. It's on 4x185R14 van tyres, huge ground clearance. Tows on a NATO hitch, at the lower height - same height as the 110 crossmember. Overall it's wide, same width as an artic trailer, by about 18' long. unladen weight is slightly over a tonne, military loading is rated at 2500Kg gross, although it shows no signs of problems carrying 2t of disco or 110.

Would go beautifully behind a 101...:-)

All brakes etc. work AFAIK, tyres nearly new. Civvy-type light plug fitted.

Also available, NATO hitch and an adapter to fit same to a disco sliding hitch mount, provided the latter has 4 holes at 2" spacing. This would also fit a defender sliding hitch with the same proviso about hole spacing.

Why am I selling it? It's going to be too much hassle making a hitch adapter to tow it behind the minibus, and I'm selling the disco. Also, the minibus is only rated to tow 1500Kg, although I'm sure it'd tow a lot more in practice, whereas the disco is rated to tow 3500Kg. I'm thinking about making a lighter trailer of similar size to replace it, probably without the tilt/drop bed.

Cost me 750 +vat to buy without hydraulics. Make me an offer...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Although I think a hefty trailer would come in handy, I just don't have anywhere to keep one, plus I don't have a NATO hitch.

Also not sure the 101 would get out of low first with the weight of the Disco on the back as well - it'd probably come in around 7 tonnes combined!

Reply to
David French

On or around Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:46:53 +0100, David French enlightened us thusly:

disco plus trailer is about 3 tons...

I can sell you a NATO hitch to go with it :-) You need a suitable drop plate for a 101, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article snipped-for-privacy@no-dns-yet-212-23-3-119.zen.co.u k, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 28/6/05 2:46 pm:

Its a bit big for what Bruce wants actually, but if anyone has a twin axle trailer 10ft long x 5ft wide, he'd be interested.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:30:33 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

I could make you one... lemme know what spec you're looking for...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.net wrote on 29/6/05 9:40 am:

I'll mention it to him. There is a bloke not far from here where we got the chassis for the last trailer he could go and see. Has thought about adding another axle to the one he's got and extending it. Its just a bit too high and Bruce really wants something that is easier to load motorbikes/quads on to.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:50:01 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

well, I custom build 'em any shape and size you want, provided it's practical to do so.

Reply to
Austin Shackles